It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:08 pm

help for when my mind is blank 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post help for when my mind is blank
Been researching RV for 2 years. I have the dvd learning set now
I have gone over dvd 1. When giving the TRN's on the dvd- i only got 2 of the 4. the 2 i didnt get my mind went completely blank. I go back to the TRN i do my ideogram and still nothing. I have tried 5 practise TRNs and i either get nothing or its just way off. What do i do in these instances. What am i doing wrong

Thanks

Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:56 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post Re: help for when my mind is blank
Welcome, Melindaspina.

As a suggestion, after you make your ideograms and are ready for [S2], I find it helpful to touch the pen to the paper and even ask to yourself, "What colors are here?" Someone more qualified could explain why this works. I think this action tells your RV mind that you want to write. Don't go back and do another ideogram. This isn't going to "shake loose" more data. If you've done the quick (0.5 sec.), spontaneous ideogram 3 times, this is enough. You could also be thinking and not realizing it. Write it down. AOL - bicycle. Drop your pen. Dispel the AOL. Then, return. (Because the target is not a bicycle)

You'll want to memorize the word descriptors and pay special attention to dimensions. It will also help to "play" a game in your daily goings-on to describe things that you see in the same manner that you would describe them using RV.

Ex. an interesting tree that you see. Describe it. Use the desriptor words. Rough, airy, bumpy, brown, green, tall, vertical, etc.

But more importantly, don't worry about getting them right or wrong. You'll see progress. (2 of 4 is good) It'll be said, time and again, the structure is everything. Make that accurate everytime and you'll get there. You'll be surprised at what you get right.

Also, post your sessions so that the pros can advise you in staying on the right path before damage is done by repeatedly practicing incorrect structure.

Hope this helps. Keep trying.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:00 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Hi Eric

Thanks so much for posting that. I'll practise tomorrow and sorry for being a newbie but where do I post my results ?
Thank you again for taking the time to post such a detail response I really appreciate it

Melinda

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:17 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

On the Board Index, in "Post DVD Course Session for Review"
http://rvcommunity.net/viewforum.php?f=19

Make sure to read the "READ FIRST" message.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:39 am