It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:51 pm

Feedback on my FIRST sessions. Please Ed. Thanks 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post Feedback on my FIRST sessions. Please Ed. Thanks
Hi guys and Ed,

I started the DVD 1 today and did the first 2 targets....I scanned the templates I used so you can check them and give me feedback, if possible, thanks!!!

I attach 2 templates for target 1 and the first for target 2 because 3 attachments is the maximum....will add the other 2 templates in another thread.

Thanks

Attachments:
Target 2.2.jpg
Target 2.2.jpg [ 51.63 KiB | Viewed 5233 times ]
Target 1.1.jpg
Target 1.1.jpg [ 27.28 KiB | Viewed 5233 times ]
Target 1.jpg
Target 1.jpg [ 54.64 KiB | Viewed 5233 times ]
Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:55 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

Post Re: Feedback on my FIRST sessions. Please Ed. Thanks
I recommend you post one whole session in a single thread. Use photo bucket.com
A free account will allow you to post all of your pages here.

The ideogram and the sensory descriptors look to be okay. Good stuff.

Check you are following the instructions on those guide sheets. Note, in the 'dimension' section it states there should be a minimum of 4. You have a generous six in your first sample of the stages 1 & 2 page, and then only 2 on the second sample.

Why two samples of the stage 1 & 2 page?

You have 'sea' twice, on your stage 3 sample and the second stage 1 & 2 sample. It looks like you didn't get rid of that AOL. Be sure to follow the protocol for ridding yourself of AOLs.

Stage 3:
What you need to do here is draw arch types, really simply. What you have here looks like analytical sketches rather then freehand sketches to me.For example, for that sketch of a sun I would expect perhaps a simple circle or spiral that would become the sun in your analytical sketch. Basically, here is not the place to sketch detailed objects. The sun-like is likely to be an AOL you never cleared earlier. Look at how others do free hand sketches.

Place the aspect labels [x] etc over the lines. Both [X] and [B] are incorrect because they are to the side of your lines.

Looks like you have [X], {A], [B], and [C], but you are missing the last???

On that last "Target 1.1.jpg" you have circled several of your sensory data and underlined a couple into the bargain. Not sure why you are doing that.

Keep practicing. It's a good start.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:43 am
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

Ī¤Hanks kiwi that was very helpful....I went through all the 4 targets in Disc 1 and I found the last target being a volcano!!!....that was amazing!!!

How should I proceed from here on?....should I re-watch disc 1 and do some targets before proceeding?

Also, is Ed replying on threads or he is very busy to participate?

Thanks bro!

Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:12 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

8) Think nothing of it. Glad to have been of some help.

Best to roll on through all discs without too much of a break in between. It may take several weeks of sessions, whenever you can set aside the time. But yes, don't string it out too much. That way you retain all the main points and have the opportunity to work on weaker areas and build. A good steady pace is best. But have a crack at every target on the disc. Also, resist the urge to take a peek at the target before completing each session. Do all of that and you will see some real development taking place.

Continue to post a few of your sessions here as you progress through the discs. You will probably find pros fronting up with advice once you start posting a whole session up to and including the ST stage.

I think Ed mentioned a while back he was going to step away from the teaching side of the forum - somewhat, delegating that role to the Pros (and I guess the experienced amateurs).

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:48 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I step in when the need is there.

Doom

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

Glad to know that Ed is also seeing the posts and helps when needed...thanks Ed....thanks Kiwi.

I did another target, and will post my results today, because I'm very curious of your feedback guys and Ed.

Also, for the volcano target , I drew a krater(kind of) and wrote as an AOL, the word VOLCANO!!!

It is amazing!!!

Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:57 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Hi guys,
This is the link for the recent target I did, as a part of my training after Disc 1, which was a tornado...please give me some feedback....the thing is, that while I found some features of the target, my drawings are very bad and I wouldn't be able to figure it out, without seeing the target picture!

The link is: http://s877.photobucket.com/user/savvidess/library/

Thanks!

Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:38 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Hi Georgie,

It's May 2014 and I just looked at your photo bucket. I didn't see any comments posted from anyone having seen it. I just finished the basic course in Reno. Your final site template seemed "embellished" To do the final Site Template, I believe that you have to go back and take your 3 (or more) analytical sketches and OVERLAY THEM together as drawn individually onto the one final sketch Site. You can put them any where you want as you sense they should go. You can make one or more smaller in scale but I think you cannot rotate them. You can overlay them on top of each other or put above, below etc. This was hard to understand from the DVDs until I did the course. Your one 3 sketch show bent bars but in the final site you made them straight I recall. I believe you have to copy them exactly as drawn but I could be wrong. Can any advanced person reexplain how the final Site Template is done? Am I correct? Any advice? Thanks.

Fri May 09, 2014 3:40 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

I was disappointed to see that this individual revealed Target No. 4. I think this spoiled that portion of the DVD course for two of us who are working our way through the course right now. I thought the DVD Course Support posts would help us as we watch the DVDs, but I think we will not refer to the bb again until we have completed the entirety of the DVD course in order not to corrupt our efforts and the validity of our results.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:20 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Vmriehl wrote:
..but I think we will not refer to the bb again until we have completed the entirety of the DVD course in order not to corrupt our efforts and the validity of our results.

I would highly recommend you do otherwise. Just perusing about other postings about their first session(s) will lend itself to problems, let alone one that is not placed in the correct forum, nor is titled correctly...

It is unfortunate, but when this does happen(as it will occasionally) use a substitute target from a beginner's target list. You can find them in the exchange home targets forum. There are a few to choose from. Pick one from someone who has the red chicklets under their name to be sure of the target being setup properly.

Completing the DVD course without guidance form these forums will cause you unnecessary problems and cost you a ton of time.

Besides, over the first thirty to forty sessions, you should be more worried about structure than about the target or anything else.

I look forward to you and yours' posting your session work.

The State of Reality.com

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:10 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

To Vmriehl.....target 4 was not revealed ....my response was to someone's private target 4 results from a target pool and NOT from the DVD course...

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:19 am
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

to Vhriehl....Sorry did not read the whole thread...I responded to a target not in the course..in general .. I see your point but one should do the DVDs first and not read here...the person did not realize the implications...

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:25 am