It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 pm

The Human Psyche's External/Internal Rhythm & Stage Two 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post The Human Psyche's External/Internal Rhythm & Stage Two
I was hoping someone a bit more experienced than I in the world of RV and perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge of Jungian Philosophy could comment here.

I am currently finishing a lecture by Ms. Jonina Dourif on a well known Jungian model about the mechanics of the internal psyche and the external integration thereof.

The ideas presented in said lecture of western culture versus eastern culture in terms of integration of said psyche; has me a bit inspired. I have a question or three for someone who would be willing to share their understanding.

1.) Would the natural 'rhythm' of breathing in and out be a model 'rhythm' to base their speed/rhythm of executing a Stage Two of the Learn RV protocols?

The idea/concept/understanding being that: One's internal mental focus/attention during the inward breath should be focused on perception acquisition and the external mental focus/attention during the exhale breath should be on the perception's retrieval/recording.

2.) Would this 'speed' be too slow?

The average adult Respiration Rate(RR) occurs around 20 cycles per minute. My current tempo during stage two, not RR but Perceptions Per Minute(PPM), is around 30 PPM.

I think perhaps I should word this a bit clearer.

3.) Would it behoove me to reach for the perceptions on an inhale and record them down on the exhale?

Your thoughts?

The State of Reality.com

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:54 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Re: The Human Psyche's External/Internal Rhythm & Stage Two
Interesting, DaingMaing. Though I am not your intended respondent, I hope this helps.

I had just reviewed LRV-DVD01 to watch the example sessions of S1-S3 specifically for timing. I found that in S2 the viewer had a percept read/write speed that best fit/matched a metronome around 25-30bpm. At 30bpm there are 2 seconds between each beat (20bpm/3 sec). According to the lecture portion, 2 to 3 second is the longest pause allowed between precepts.

To put into practice what you suggest one would have to study and record their RR to insure that it is not too slow.

One more thought, I don't know anything about Jungian theory but Katsuki Sekida in "Zen Training" explains how breathing plays a crucial role in zazen practice. That is, tension in our respiratory system physiologically causes a cessation of thought. So, I would take care to not introduce respiratory tension during a session as it may produce a cessation of signal. This maybe useful during an AOL break but not S2.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:07 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Thanks Ross,

I am trying this out for myself for the time being until someone or something can tell me otherwise. So far, I have only been able to concentrate on the S2[site] in this manner. I think that this could be a likely area where I am not getting as much of solid contact to start, but I am not certain of this. I am attempting to find more efficient and reliable ways for the data to be 'attained' during my Stage 2's with the way my brain is currently wired upstairs.

In my experience, I would immediately start into the textures of the initial stage two and a waterfall of information will start to pour as I probe the first perception of the column. Normally from there, the next perception would present itself as I am writing out the first datum. In these two sessions so far, I find that the perception that would be there waiting to be written as I am finishing the first datum, will not be the same one as when I probe the page for the next datum on the inhale. I experience this about 60% of the time. Does this difference mean anything at all? I am not certain.

What I can say is that I have experienced what most intermediate to advanced viewers would call the 'novelty' factor. Something new is driving the situation. Much like the results of my first A.I.T. with the RVRobot, I have experienced a jump in the overall vibrance of the data. I can not discern so early in the process if this will be a permanent improvement. If it is an improvement at all.

I am in no way advocating for anyone to do this.

I am seeing if there will be an improvement for me. For this skill/experience is a very personal one, and varies slightly from person to person.

For some time now, I have been in an 'autopilot' mode when in S2. I never gave my method a second thought. I nominally would just crank out the perceptions as fast as they would come in. I have felt that this could be an area of improvement in my accuracy with Remote Viewing.

Normally, I get a fair amount(30-40%) of 'noise' in with my final result, most frequently in critical areas. I have had a hard time determining where the extra 10%-20% of the noise is coming in. I experience this in the higher/complex Stage Four Datum being remarkably irrelevant.

I am not comfortable with running a diagnostic session front loaded on something like this. So, I am observing a trial and error series to see if my results, primarily, and gut tells me there is improvement.

In my experience with meditation and other mental challenges, I think that 'controlled' or 'conscious' breathing techniques are ways to discipline the mind into an ideal state. There are fundamental connections with the inner mind when doing so. Furthermore, when I saw the brief lecture from her portion of that training module tape in the series; I had an 'Aha' moment. The proverbial light bulb lit up. The idea jumped out in the back of my skull, and I have been pursuing it since.

The State of Reality.com

Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:14 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

DaingMaing wrote:

I have felt that this could be an area of improvement in my accuracy with Remote Viewing.

Normally, I get a fair amount(30-40%) of 'noise' in with my final result, most frequently in critical areas. I have had a hard time determining where the extra 10%-20% of the noise is coming in. I experience this in the higher/complex Stage Four Datum being remarkably irrelevant..

Don't balk too much at your success. Does 60 to 70% signal line not just mean it takes longer to achieve the same effect as an 85% signal rate?

Spit balling ideas:
First, in much the same way skill can stagnate if not challenged, maybe skill is adversely affected if advanced too fast. Don't always give an opportunity to do further explorations and target movements. Demand information the first time around. Your unconscious doesn't know you have to turn your braised duck.

Second, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) is part of RV. Perhaps an increase in the overall noise level combined with keen error trapping could combine to increase the finale SNR. That is; Increase the amount of datum: move faster, write more. See Stochastic Resonance...

A.I.T. Certainly should help.

Ross

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:07 am