It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 RVRobot Bootcamp 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: RVRobot Bootcamp
No - and stop thinking! Just follow instructions. ;)

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

Here is my session for 4681/5874.I have tried to implement all the suggestions,even though AOL is still a problem.Will practice more to out-run the imagination.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:24 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Terrible session work. Absolutely horrible.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

playmaker14 wrote:
Would it be a good idea to keep my eyes away from the paper while doing the sketch ,so that the "left-brain" doesn`t even have the slightest clue what my hand is producing . . .

No. The way is through training. Tricks won't bring you long term success.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:30 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

The sketches are killing you.
Review DVD1 lectures and examples for both Free Hand and Analytical Sketch. The S3 Freehand Sketch is key. Your hand really wanted to draw the spherical archetype, but your analytical mind kept adding more --THERE'S GOT TO BE MORE!! --No, there doesn't. Let the hand do its thing and move on.

Even so, if you sketch it in the first S3 you have to label it and explore it. You have 6 key aspects sketched and labeled in the S3 and you only explored 3.

In the Analytical sketches, strive for simplicity. Render the Dimension percepts in line form, adding nothing and omitting nothing. Then, after exploring all key aspects, transfer the analytical sketches to the Site Template, again adding nothing and omitting nothing.

You can do this. Pick up a copy of Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and work your way through it page by page, doing all the exercises. You've got to learn how to turn that right brain loose.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:02 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Quote:
Terrible session work. Absolutely horrible.

Sorry for the disappointing work,Major.I guess,my sketches were not good,and the session was filled with AOLs.
I will try to produce better session from the next time.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:06 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

Thanks a lot for your help,Chartless.I will implement all the suggestions given by you immediately.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:12 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

RVRobot,

Please give me feedback for this target [1354/6795]. Thanks so much!

-Jessie Trotter :)

P.S. On Page 10, I started to list my S4 headings. Being afraid to cross out anything, I just dropped on down and did my sketch.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:44 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Good job! You can spend a little more time in the S3 analytical sketches. Just because you have 'round' doesn't mean you have to draw a circle. You just need to draw something that 'is round'.

Hover your hand over the page and feel it out. Prompt yourself if necessary by subvocalizing "where does round go?" or "what is round"? Your hand will start to move to a spot on the page and start sketching in the air. Go ahead and drop your pen and draw it on the page.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thanks, RVRobot! I must admit that my drawing skills really SUCK!!! I just got the book, "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" and recently finished my "upside down" drawing. That was such a cool exercise! Everything I've ever drawn (and I use that term loosely) has been the typical stick figures of a 1st grader! I'm hoping that working on these exercises will help, and I'm happy to report that I did quite well on my upside-down drawings; however, whether it will transfer over to S3 sketches remains to be seen.

Anyway, that's one of the reasons, I hadn't posted for a few days. I was trying to learn to sketch better and to memorize my descriptors so that everything would "flow"....hmmm...guess we'll see!

Thanks, again, and I will continue my journey in RVing!

-Jessie :)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:54 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

RVRobot wrote:
Good job! You can spend a little more time in the S3 analytical sketches. Just because you have 'round' doesn't mean you have to draw a circle. You just need to draw something that 'is round'.

Hover your hand over the page and feel it out. Prompt yourself if necessary by subvocalizing "where does round go?" or "what is round"? Your hand will start to move to a spot on the page and start sketching in the air. Go ahead and drop your pen and draw it on the page.

Hey RVRobot!

Been working through the book "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" (as has been suggested on this site), but then went back to your above suggestion on my S3 analytical sketches. So if I have the word "round" I don't need to draw a circle just something round....you mean like something cylindrical or tube shaped? I apologize for such base questions...just really struggling to overcome 57 years of negative self talk regarding my artistic abilities.

Also, how do I show dimensions like "wide", "far", "near", "thick", "dense", etc. Maybe you could point me to a posted session....I'll keep looking too!

Thanks again for all your help!

-Jessie T :)

Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:32 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Learn by example, find things in your world that correspond to a dimension word you are trying to replicate and draw that physical thing for practice.

e.g. "tall" go find a flagpole and draw the the flagpole (include the flag on it. understand that the dimension word you are trying for is usually just a part of the object you are trying to replicate and not the whole thing); "wide" go find a kiddie swimming pool and draw that (include the water on the surface); "near" go stand in a forest and draw the trees before you; "far" draw the same forest from 10 miles away.

Don't make the mistake of finding only one example, find many different examples and draw them.

In case you still aren't getting that, open up your desktop computer and look at the motherboard. See the detail of those circuit patterns on the motherboard and how close they run together at different areas? "near" "far."

They are relative terms. The letters of a word in a book could be considered near. The microscopic structure of lipids could also be considered to have parts that are "near" and "far"

For "dense" and "thick" go find a picture of "purpose guy" or "justinblack" on second thought, they might be better examples of "airy"

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thanks for the tip, kocmodpom....makes sense! Think I'll steer clear of the "dense" "thick or "airy" though. They might whoop my butt!...hahahaha :mrgreen:

Jessie :)

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:34 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Sometimes I want to use adverbs in front of my descriptor words. Some examples of this are: very soft, dark green, somewhat round, slightly rancid, extremely happy.

Do you have any suggestions about this?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:23 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

I would avoid it except in S4.5.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Ok. Thanks.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:32 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Please give me feedback for Target [8435/6596] from the RVRobot Bootcamp.

On S4[X] I noticed I put metallic under "I", on S4[A] I put machine under "I", and S4[B] I put hole under "I". None of these were "intangibles"....so I must have been subvocalizing the wrong questions....any advice?

Also, my sketches all seemed to be different viewpoints of the same thing...don't know where the rectangular part comes in though :oops:

Thank you in advance for your time.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:08 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

JessieT wrote:
On S4[X] I noticed I put metallic under "I", on S4[A] I put machine under "I", and S4[B] I put hole under "I". None of these were "intangibles"....so I must have been subvocalizing the wrong questions....any advice?

I went back into two recent sessions you did on here and noticed that it happened there as well. You had put "tool" into intangible on a RVRobot Bootcamp session from the 7th of this month and when you did disc 2, target 3 of the LearnRV DVD, you also had put humans and passengers into your intangible column in your stage four of aspect [A].

I think honestly the best thing you can do is just to be mindful of what tangible objects/structures/etc. are and what intangible concepts/ideas/uses/etc. are in your everyday life. Tangibles are things that you can touch, that have matter, that you can manipulate. Examples do start at the object/structure thing level like you have definitely gotten down, but the higher defined words like tool and equipment that I have seen you put into the intangible column are definitely things that you can touch and use. Intangibles should be more of an answer to the question of "what is occurring?" There is "flying" going on or things are "resting" or just "sitting".

I think one thing I have done in the past as an exercise, is to just go around my house and look at different objects and try to differentiate the various aspects about them into tangibles and intangibles. For example, there is a cat sleeping on my table. So, therefore, the tangible ideas that come to my mind are: lifeform, mammal, cat, female, structure, table. The intangible concepts that I get are: resting, sleeping, dreaming, breathing, support, manmade. I think that just being more familiar with the differences and finding plentiful examples from everyday life helped me in the past and hopefully should allow you to just be more automatically familiar with where certain words need to go when they come to you in session.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:11 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thanks, Dozaemon! That's a great tip. I've already been doing that with my dimension words and describing objects that I see. I'll just add tangible and intangible to the list!

P.S. I have a lifeform, mammal, feline, male, cat sleeping next to me as I type! hahaha

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:45 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Okay, I started over and am using RVRobot's targets. I pretended I was doing this like the class on the DVD, so it's only the first 2 pages and using the templates.

I felt like I was going too slow....lots of AOLs. If anyone has the actual photo of the target, I'd appreciate it if you would post it here.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Jessie T.

P.S. Here is the link for the feedback photo.

[ 1598 / 5982 ]
Feedback: http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z216/rvrobot/7.jpg

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:56 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Good job. Structure appears to be flawless at this point. That is, as long as you are properly declaring AOL and AI as instructed on the DVDs. Subvocalize as you are writing them.. "AOL break roller coaster", then drop your pen and let the AOL/AI dissipate before picking up the pen and continuing. And it's better if you post these sessions in their own thread. Proceed to next lecture/target if you wish.

Post actual target photo??? The feedback photo you just posted the link to IS the 'target photo'.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:21 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thanks, Tiger74!

Yeah, that photo comment I meant to edit out. When I first tried to post, photobucket was down and I didn't have any feedback to look at after completing the session. Later, I noticed the site was back up, so I edited my post...not completely, obviously! :)

Thanks for reviewing this session. I will definitely post my next one in its own thread. It could easily get lost in this 7-pager here.

As you can see by how many AOLs that I have, I'm pretty sure I posted them all and I am definitely sub-vocalizing them. I didn't know to do that when I started learning 2 years ago (before my hiatus). I thought sub-vocalizing was "thinking". Being able to subvocalize is helping me a lot. Using the descriptor list again (like newbies do) seemed to mess me up a bit. I think I slowed down too much for this session (10 minutes) because I think it was only supposed to be 3-5. I'm working on committing this list to memory and just glancing at it if needed.

Again, thanks for your input. I'll post the next DVD 1 assignment later today! :)

Jessie T.

P.S. If you're still in TN at this time....what did you think about the freak snow storm? Was helping a friend move to Knoxville and just about couldn't get back home to KY :shock:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:06 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Your number of AOLs and session time limit were going to be addressed after your next post or two, if it was still an issue. However, I had a strong hunch that you were going to work them out automatically. The fact that you caught it yourself is a good indicator that you are really focusing on correct structure/procedure.
I feel both those issues will work out, but if not, we'll address them as needed. I chose not to bring them up at this time. You did just fine for where you were at.

And no snow troubles where I'm at, thank The Lord.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:28 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Bumping these up to group all of the practice targets (lists anyway) together in one spot for easier access.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:13 am
New User
New User

photobucket blocks me from viewing the images. Does someone know how to get around this?

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:36 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7