It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:38 am

kocmodpom Practice Target 
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post kocmodpom Practice Target
I think this was both a good and bad target for my level - Post DVD2.

I had my first good run in a S4, S4[a]. Getting a few Ss, Ds then moving to the T column and probing. Though the lack of AOL I can't explain. I did have one lapse of attention direction at the end S4[X] when I looked back, gasp!, before turning the page over at the "toy -> AOL-toy" that I put in the wrong column. As soon as I realized this I immediately re AOLed Toy. I don't know if this was the right way to do it or if I should have just moved on.

The whole getting sensory info out of order is getting less. I found that instead of internal editing AOLing anything that is not on the list or out of order has hastened the curtailment.

It just dawned on me that there seems to be a recurrent idea of Basketball. I don't watch or like it for that matter. The best way to improve that game would be to put ice underneath the players, bring goals down to ground level, give the players sticks, and reduce that round thing into a round, flat, solid, puck like shape. Game on.

I love the way I continued to miss spell obscure....

Last edited by RossU on Mon May 20, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: [5643/7211] kocmodpom Practice Target
Cross posted from another thread:

In S2 try listing your AOLs next to the column/descriptor that triggered it. Like this:

round
long
deep
curved
heavy AOL - hockey stick
dense
oval

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

My quip'ment went off when I read
RVRobot wrote:
Cross posted from another thread:

Then I realized you may be serious. If you posted something more in reply to 1.11's Dvd 03/04 here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10039

I can't read that thread yet. So forgive any repetitiveness.

My AOLs are not all triggered like you are suggesting. I thought that was normal. I can think of at least three other groups of AOLs that happen in session. One being that I don't even recognize the word as AOL until I have written it out(i.e. Shiny in S2[a]).

Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:24 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

In that particular case it was just a mistake of writing shiny instead of reflective in the colours category.

An AOL is formed when the analytical mind links together a series of precepts as if they had some sort of related meaning. This is not always happening at the conscious level. Writing the AOL next to the descriptor after which it was triggered just gives an analyst a chance to decode what's happening in a viewer's brain. It also provides a bit of a mental pattern interrupt by separating the AOL from the vertical column of data.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

I am having difficulty understanding how to apply this structure during session. Stated simply - every time I go to write an AOL, move back to the previous line, go to the end of that word and start?

RVRobot wrote:
In that particular case it was just a mistake of writing shiny instead of reflective in the colours category.
...or luminescent. But the point was I could not do what you ask in this case. Which happens to me a non-zero amount. I don't want to worry about this during a session.

Quote:
Writing the AOL next to the descriptor after which it was triggered just gives an analyst a chance to decode what's happening in a viewer's brain. It also provides a bit of a mental pattern interrupt by separating the AOL from the vertical column of data.

Good information. Thank you for taking the time to explain the reasoning.

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:55 pm