It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:10 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 New blind target 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post New blind target
[ 2196 / 0517 ]

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:28 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

Here is my session. I noticed that [X] and [A] had very similar S2 descriptors, S3, and S4, so perhaps they were the same aspect. I hope it wasn't due to memory retention or something.

I kept in mind to speed up my S3 sketches, which did help reduce the pain of trying to draw things based on the dimensions (because now I don't really have to think). However, I feel that the session wasn't a very good one because I felt a lack of S2 and S4 descriptors, as well as an abundance of AOLs. Not to mention some never-used-before adjectives that popped in mind during the session. But then again, usually what I thought was OK often turned out to be a dud. :lol: So what do I know.

I wrote down "Break" instead of "End" so that if you think I was on-target enough and should explore a certain element, then I can go ahead and do so.

Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:57 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:57 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Addendum: In spite of this target's seeming simplicity, this is actually a difficult target. An ice cube is extremely boring. Unless the viewer is rigorously staying in structure, it is easy for attention to wander away from a boring target.

Remember, when TRNs are assigned to a photo (without a line pointing to a specific target), the target becomes the entire site. Therefore, unconscious may wander outside of the borders of the photograph...

Practice makes perfect, though.

Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:56 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

I saw the feedback and I wanted to stick my head in the sand. :oops: I suppose my forum signature has never been more appropriate. :lol:

Thanks for the encouraging words, David, and pointing out the difficulty in RV-ing a boring object. This has taught me a good lesson in never try too hard to force out data, and given me some insight as to where to draw the line between good data and creative imagination. It's true that I honestly felt a lack of descriptors, and therefore made me feel uneasy and I fell in the trap of trying to get more out of the target (because David wouldn't give me a boring target, right? :D). And I suppose the only saving grace of mine is the complete lack of EIs.

In all seriousness, I value the experience of RV-ing this target. It really opened my eyes to a common pitfall that I didn't realize before. :shock:

Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:38 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

AC, excellent! I'm glad you completely understand why I posted an ice cube as a target.

Please let me know when you are ready for your next target (which, by the way, may be yet another icecube...) :-)

Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:01 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

I was wondering something. Since no line was drawn to the ice cube and the target becomes the entire 'site', does your intention to assign the target as the ice cube play the definitive role in the selecting of the target (without drawing a line)? If so, is it then possible and even more challenging to use that same photo but have the target be the chair next to the table, which is of course outside of the photo and only you would know about it? Like using the photo as a red herring for a secret target.

Thanks
wbomb

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:58 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Ok, i am loathe to do this, as my sessions have been abysmal since my return to the craft. But i know that for now (forever) the important thing is to stay in structure and i want to make sure i am doing that to the best of my ability and catch any mistakes before they become habits. I apologize in advance for my handwriting. And as for the page numbering, i was interrupted mid movement for [x] and forced to start over at a later time (i'm pretty sure i read that that is acceptable). I've not started disk 2 yet so i have no T's or I's. Anyway, i'm open to any criticisms that anyone wants to offer.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:01 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Since no line was drawn to the ice cube and the target becomes the entire 'site', does your intention to assign the target as the ice cube play the definitive role in the selecting of the target (without drawing a line)?
Intention means absolutely nothing when it comes to cueing. That is why the RVer must learn how to cue, properly, following the strict protocols as taught by Major Dames.

Using the icecube photo as an example, if, during an RV session, your unconscious wanders to the salt shaker outside of the borders of the photo, and you end up sketching a salt shaker, you will be disappointed, and tell yourself that you did a terrible job, and that you need to do better next time.

Therefore, you're training yourself to keep your unconscious attention within the site artificially bordered by the edges of the photo.

Quote:
If so, is it then possible and even more challenging to use that same photo but have the target be the chair next to the table, which is of course outside of the photo and only you would know about it? Like using the photo as a red herring for a secret target.
That's getting silly. :)

Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:52 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Stark, interesting session. I've noticed that both you and AC have sketched a bell/dome shaped feature in your site template.

Last edited by David Roseta on Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:03 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Yeah i noticed some similarities as well. I didn't know whether that was a good thing or a bad thing. Or a nothing for that matter.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:06 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

"That's getting silly. :)"

:D LOL, Roger that. I read too much into it and appealed to my habbit of running through scenarios. So, the target becomes the entire site, but needs to be within the artificially bordered edges of the photo for a quality session. I guess seeing the target as the "entire site" AND "an ice cube" threw me off. I confused the TARGET with the GOAL of a session and the artifical borders (the goal) of the photo as the 'intended' portion of the target/site. I was getting stuck on the part of where having a goal was to have an 'intention'. The wheels are back on track.

wbomb

Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:13 am
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

After reading this post and known the training target. I am very interested in RVing the next training target by David Roseta.
any one, any one, no not that one :wink:

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:44 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

New TRNs posted in "Advanced Projects," section. Feedback will be provided after two RVers' sessions have been posted, there.

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:05 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]