It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Complicated Cuing Scenarios 
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Complicated Cuing Scenarios
I asked a guy what he wanted to know. He said "something I want to know? can a person get really practical info? okay how about this - I would love to know the name and contact info for ten high probability prospects for the equipment that I sell at my day job. can I RV that?"

And I asked him "What kind of equipment, what kind of prospects? Are these prospects you are seeking potential buyers to sell to another company or something?"

And he replies: "actually I want to sell this equipment, not just identify prospects. identifying high probability prospects seems like a useful first step.

I just got a job selling portable video broadcast equipment. there is such a wide variety of people who have bought the product that I am selling that I don't know where to start. schools, churches, universities, video production people, TV stations, radio stations."

I'm unsure what to cue. It doesn't seem far fetched to do though. A cue that would result to a ST of a church, school, video production people, radio stations. What cue would be a good starter cue?

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:49 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Complicated Cuing Scenarios
Take your best crack at the cue and we can discuss. Might be a good exercise.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Name/ Vocation / Nearest prospect candidate / Key Feature
or
Name/ Current Vocation/Optimal Prospect Candidate/ Most Unique Feature

Nearest Prospect Candidate/ Vocation/Key Feature
or
Optimal Prospect Candidate/Vocation/Most Unique Feature

I'm keeping in mind that I shouldn't use a superlative. The idea is to do this discrete target, then lock on a target from the ST and continue movements about that person.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:21 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Why don't you directly target his next sale or next paying customer? Forget about looking at who is likely to buy. Look at who is going to buy.

In other words, describe the customer who bought one next week.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:01 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

There are many paying customers around the world. A cue for this would be asked to target those nearest him for sure. But for his next sales, I think it would be a waste of RV work and time to see into the natural course that he will encounter. It'll still imply that he should keep networking and seeking prospects just as he and anyone else would do. But what if in the next few years, all his paying customers that he encounters make small purchase. A monitor replacement. A electric board of some kind or new camera lens = mediocre. He'd have to work real hard just for this, when he'd rather than skip all the small fries that he'd normally encounter within the next few years. He wants to target people who will buy a whole new set of cameras or candidates that would like him a lot and use him as a repeating sales rep.

What if the unconscious provides data about a new group/corporation/news crew who is starting out and need to buy a whole new set of everything!? I'd rather cue for that, go the question asked about the ten highest probability prospects. This idea would probably consider a superlative in a cue like an optimum trajectory. That is what he's asking after all. In my last post, I posted up two OTs and two "nearest to him" cues.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:33 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Pael wrote:
He wants to target people who will buy a whole new set of cameras or candidates that would like him a lot and use him as a repeating sales rep.

Now your getting somewhere. "...people who will buy..." Not prospects, not candidates. Write a cue that will identify "people who will buy."

Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:51 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

"Optimum" should definitely be a part of this cue

Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:30 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Agreed.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

If I want this cue to pertain to only an individual, is it always necessary to keep his name as the gross of the cue?

I have an idea to start off the cue with "Vocation/Nearest potential buyer". But that would look like the results would only pertain to that person running it. If he wanted someone to run it for him, his name would have to be somewhere in the pointer. Agree?

Another attempt: Name/Current Vocation/Optimum potential buyer (should I stop there?) /Primary Work Place/ Key Features

This cue here sounds like it would be a shortcut to the potential buyer's job features. How much sense does this cue make? The way I read it is "I want results about the key features about the primary work place of the optimum potential buyer to the current vocation of Name" Let me know if that's not the correct way to read a cue. Thank you.

Or perhaps mentioning only Present Time to obtain more about the potential buyer than the location: Name/Newest Vocation/Optimum potential buyer/Present Time

Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:04 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Name / Current Job / optimum 'product' buyer

Substitute 'product' with what you're trying to sell. Let the matrix (aka your best friend) determine the rest.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

RVRobot wrote:
Name / Current Job / optimum 'product' buyer

What is an 'optimum buyer', is it the one who buys the biggest lot, or the one who least likely complains to cause extra effort, or something in between maximizing profit/risk ratio?

I keep having trouble understanding the value of the term 'optimum' in cues, as I think it means simply asking the matrix for an interpretation of what that actually means, i.e. by which criteria to optimize. In other places it is advised that the matrix doesn't interpret and takes everything literally, period. But the word 'optimum' without adding what to measure simply doesn't give enough information to accomplish what is intended. Surely I'm missing something that has been presented somewhere already, but 'optimum' is another search term that is difficult to find anything specific with in this forum. Any pointers?

Apart from that, I don't think he wants to simply find THE best client he'll ever have which the above cue seems to imply. From that one alone he probably cannot live. He just wants to separate the winners from the small fries, and he wants to do that repeatedly. Therefore, why not just state the threshold?

Name / Current Job / next {product} buyer yielding at least {x} profit within {time, distance constraints}

(If this is just horribly stupid, please mention WHY for I'm learning, thanks 8) )

>>

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:53 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Optimum allows the matrix to pick the best possible scenario. Here's an example where 'optimum' would be superior to limiting the cue to the person who will purchase the most:

Joe is selling life insurance and uses the 'optimum' cue which points to Jane. Joe finds Jane and Jane buys one life insurance package. Hardly what Joe would think is the best possible customer. However, what Joe might not know is that Jane has a sister who buys life insurance for a huge multinational company and Jane had such a good experience with Joe that she recommends that her sister call Joe and see what he can do for her.

In this case, Jane really was the optimum customer.

(just a wacky illustration)

Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

RVRobot wrote:
Optimum allows the matrix to pick the best possible scenario.

That's precisely the difficulty. What is best? This is highly subjective. Effectively you're asking the matrix for an interpretation of your question. Elsewhere it is said that the matrix doesn't interpret the cue. This is the contradiction I'm trying to resolve, because obviously it seems to be working since many people run 'optimum' cues with useful results. In your example, another possible outcome could be that Joe finds Jane, she doesn't buy or lead to other buyers, but Joe falls mighty in love with Jane, further finds that she is the awesomest mate he could imagine and proceeds to marry her. Certainly also 'optimum', but what makes the matrix decide that for you? And if you want a more specific outcome, I'd think that you had to add more information to your input, at least the factor that you want optimized.

>>

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:24 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

The matrix does not interpret your intent behind the words in the cue. Words have a specific meaning in the matrix even if your meaning of the word is different. When you ask for optimum you get optimum. However, you are putting that optimum in the context listed in the cue. In this case, the context is not optimum for love, it is optimum for sales.

Optimum lets unconscious off the leash. It allows it to go out, search the matrix for all possible outcomes, then give you the optimum one in the context that you've asked for.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

kfa has a good point though.

When we cue a sports bet, we don't ask for the optimum team, we want to know the winning team.

Tossing optimum into a cue is not a replacement for stating what you really want to know.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:45 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

RVRobot wrote:
The matrix does not interpret your intent behind the words in the cue.

So then, if I don't tell it per my cue what my intent is, but simply throw 'gimme optimum' at it, it makes a decision on my behalf, but how? To decide whether profit or love is better for me is like comparing apples with oranges. If there was some measurement to unify the two, say 'overall satisfaction', would it serve my satisfaction or some other (some may be tempted to say higher) purpose? One question leads to another, this seems like a can of worms.

RVRobot wrote:
However, you are putting that optimum in the context listed in the cue. In this case, the context is not optimum for love, it is optimum for sales.

Is that so? Optimum product buyer could be a product buyer that gives you satisfaction other than financial gains. It may be superficially evident that profit is implied here, but by strict logic it isn't. At least so I understand it, maybe my English isn't perfect.

Chartless wrote:
Tossing optimum into a cue is not a replacement for stating what you really want to know.

That's what I was hoping for.

Thanks guys for the input! I'm afraid this is far from finished, but I have to leave for the night so no haste, have a quiet sunday evening :)

>>

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:46 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Talk about obstinancy... sounds like you've got your mind made up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC5euBPKYyI

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Love the video!

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I've recently met bob and loren on on meetup.com, coincidentally. They said that the founder of LARV moved away. I just thought I'd like to share that.

Anyway, I'd like to read your input on why it's optimum to involve "current vocation" rather than a specific titled vocation,
ie. Name/Widget Sales Rep/Optimum Widget Buyer

And thank you for the exercise. I enjoy them and would like to do more. Because I have another scenario later.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:40 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Pael wrote:
I've recently met bob and loren on on meetup.com, coincidentally. They said that the founder of LARV moved away. I just thought I'd like to share that.

He is a regular poster here.

Pael wrote:
Anyway, I'd like to read your input on why it's optimum to involve "current vocation" rather than a specific titled vocation,
ie. Name/Widget Sales Rep/Optimum Widget Buyer

There might be many ways to indicate that you want the current employer, etc. To me, vocation indicates something broader than the current job. For example, my current vocation is in IT, however my current job is at ACME Widget Corp (or whatever). Just make sure you have a temporal qualifier attached (like 'current job') or something.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:22 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Quote:
Talk about obstinancy... sounds like you've got your mind made up!

He's not alone. You are also pretty firm in your convictions, Tin Man. I think you are right that the matrix will apply the term optimum within the context set up by the preceding cue elements. I also think kfa is right: you have no idea how the matrix will apply that term in this situation. It isn't a magic wand to give you what you want; it is a specific term with a specific meaning, as you say. Be careful what you ask for.

I would remind you all that the word optimum does not occur in any of the cues on the the RVFM DVD. If you want maximum profit, that is what you have to ask for.

Regarding the use of the term vocation, especially if the term optimum occurs in the cue: Be very careful what you ask for.

A person's current vocation is not necessarily their current job or current occupation. If a person is currently employed or occupied as a banker or financial wizard or whatever, raking in the cash, and is trying to stifle a divine call to a religious life, or even a less-than-divine call to a different occupation, you just might end up with a cue that will put that person in the poorhouse so they will be forced to re-evaluate their life. The matrix does not care what you think you are asking for. If you ask for optimum, especially as it applies to a person's vocation, you will get optimum, and it's just too d*** bad for you if that isn't what you thought it would be.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:44 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Guilty as charged, and I think we are both arguing the for the same cause. Search terms have specific uses, and one has to be sure that one is using the correct terms for what one wants.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:56 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

How about this one:

Name/current occupation/maximum sales revenue/client-customer

Needs some work, but this would describe the client, and additional movements could develop information about the client's business type or even the corporation logo or trademark.

Edit: I'm already second guessing. maybe this instead:

Name/current occupation/client-customer to produce maximum sales revenue

Last edited by Chartless on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:10 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Looks good to me!

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Maybe create a listing of validated cues some where in this section of the forum.

Or a sticky post, and inside of that posting, cues that have given clear results.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:29 am