It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:57 pm

Operational Cue - Blind Target Pool Spreadsheet for Download 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Operational Cue - Blind Target Pool Spreadsheet for Download
For all of you who are too lazy (like I was) to create a blind target pool and waste all those envelopes and then later decide you didn't want a specific target anymore and then had to tear all the envelopes open to find the one you no longer wanted and then put them all back in new envelopes, this thread is for you!

A few years ago I created an excel spreadsheet to generate random TRNs and randomly match them with a single cue selected from a pool of cues, NOT photos!

I am posting that spreadsheet so that others may be able to gain operational experience. I have selected 57 cues as a base set. Hopefully they will provide a good starting point for you to add more or remove a few that you do/don't like. Please try to stay at or above 50 to minimize your AOL drive of guessing the targets. You should get frustrated doing that and stop soon enough.

This process will also force you to improve your RV skill in order to make sense of your data on the analytical side which is what operations are all about. If all of your previous blind pool work was with photos, you should after ten or so of these see an improvement in your sessions. Face it, after 50 photo targets the novelty of doing that is dead and your mind is probably screaming to do something more noteworthy than look at the old shoe in your garage. Here is the download link (it is an .xlsx file)

kocmodpom's Excel 2007 TRN-Cue Random Generator

There are three worksheets:

TRN - Cue: where the TRN is generated (cells B3:L3) and the cue is randomly selected (cell N3 which is hidden)

Active Pool: where all the cues you wish to select from are stored in column B.

Reserve Pool: where you place cues you do not want in your active pool for later use.

A little bit of set up is required:

1. Click on Column A of the TRN-Cue worksheet:

2. Drag the width of Column A to the right until only Column A through Column L are visible on the screen of your computer.

3. Click on Cell A1 and using the arrow keys scroll over to Cell M1 which should adjust the screen displayed cells to show the TRN and Cue.

4. Now Highlight Cells B1:N5 as shown below, then Click on the Page Layout tab:

5. Click on Print Area icon:

6. Click on Set Print Area:

7. Scroll back to Cell A1 so that the cue is not visible like below.

How it works:

1. Select a cell on the cue worksheet, say A10, and press space and then hit enter (F4 doesn't seem to always work). A TRN is then generated and a cue from your active list is selected.

2. Press print and the TRN and cue is printed (obviously don't look at the printed sheet.

3. Write the TRN displayed on the screen onto a blank sheet of paper and go run your session. When you have finished, you can go back to the printed sheet to get your feedback.

Note: your cues on the active worksheet must be consecutive with no blank cells in between as the Active Pool worksheet shows.

Probably way too many religious targets in there, but that is what forum people seem to enjoy doing so...

If you don't want to view a particular target, move it from the active pool to the reserve pool and then move the remaining cues up so they all form a consecutive list again. Enjoy.

Last edited by kocmodpom on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Updated Instructions

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Operational Cue Blind Pool Spreadsheet for Download
Spreadsheet has been updated and better instructions added by request.

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Make sure you click "enable editting" or the spreadsheet won't work:

~My unconscious

Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:04 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Thank you April for that helpful info! I think that will solve the problem that some people were having. ;)

Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:22 am
Profile WWW
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

I love this spreadsheet. Thank you for puting this together for us Kocmodpom.

A couple notes/questions:

1) There is a TRN on row 48. I'm guessing we can ignore/delete that.

2) I followed the instructions above and they work fine. Then I also tested it by simply
opening the spreadsheet, setting the print area, slide it over to hide the cue and get a new TRN. I didn't
see any difference in results so I'm not sure if there is a particular reason for sliding/scrolling back
and forth or if I'm missing something. BTW-I'm using Excel 2010.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:14 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Thank you, I am glad that you find it useful.

So long as you set it up so that only the TRN is visible and the cue is not visible is all you need when you hit print. That way you don't have to look at the printed sheet to get the TRN.

Yes, you can ignore the extra TRN on row 48, I put it there as a check to ensure the print area is set up properly. If it isn't set up right you will end up printing more than one sheet of paper.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Apache open office is awesome for anybody who doesn't have microsoft excell 2007.

Kosmodrome, the google doc webpage is not loading. I don't know if there's a problem with the document or if it's my browser.

~My unconscious

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:10 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

That means it is working properly.

It is intentionally set to not open a webpage, only to download the xlsx file. Works fine in Chrome.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:20 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

Downloading... thanks for the great instructions!

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Good stuff kocmodpom

All the Best!
Jazz

Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny!

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:55 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

Kocmodpom, thank you for putting this together and making it available to all.

100% recommended most definitely.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:39 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Is there a way to put photo targets in there?

~My unconscious

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:48 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Kocmodpom,

Thank you for your effort in putting this sweet method together, and then sharing it. It has made my session selections effortless.

aprilflowers wrote:
Is there a way to put photo targets in there?

I have been taking a round about way to add my photo's to the spreadsheet. I can not claim this method, for I gleaned it from one of the pro's here at the community.

I place the printed photo with the TRN [WXYZ/ABCD] pointing to the target or just in the margin, and slip it into the envelope with the same TRN [WXYZ/ABCD] on the outside. I then add the following cue to my active spreadsheet:

Target [WXYZ/ABCD]

I have actually appended the spreadsheet to have a photograph key on an additional worksheet. You can post smaller/edited pictures of the originals in a new worksheet with the corresponding TRN's next to the picture. It helps in terms of not having to search the gratuitous pile of envelopes to find the right TRN and then open it. Although, It would be more suspenseful to do it that way. I just find it a bit easier...

I also use this method for follow up movements to a former session or just individual aspects of their S.T.'s, for both of which I would prefer to run blind; moreover, to have the spreadsheet randomly spit them out. If I am working from an S.T., I would put the TRN [1234/5678] in the margin and point to the target, or I believe that I could just label the target with the TRN's [1234/5678] directly over it.

i.e. Target [1234/5678]/location/most recognizable feature

which would print out something like:

[8899/1265] Target [1234/5678]/location/most recognizable feature

I hope this helps...

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:20 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

In my 1x1 training with Ed, he recommend no longer using the word "target" for a cue, as there are some technical problems that might arise. Your mileage may vary.

I add photos by simply adding the TRN numbers in the field (instead of a cue)

Your TRM should have the photo and original TRN printed out on it.

My spreadsheet print out looks like this: [1234/5678] [9876/5432]

The first part is the randomized TRN from excel.

The second part is the TRN associated with the photo.

If you want [x] to be specified, simply draw a line to the TRN on the photo print out (TRM).

https://www.technicalintuition.com
Available for 1x1 Instruction & Consulting

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:27 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I have had no such issues in using the word "Target" when setting up target reference material. Specifically, it has worked for targeting a singular word in text (see the thread concerning "hell" or the "Bloop" target in the DVDs), or targeting a portion of a drawing from either an analytical sketch or site template. In these instances, the word "Target" acts as nothing more than a placeholder, such as using quotes to indicate a topical search.

There are probably extenuating circumstances/situations where you wouldn't want to use it outside of these particular cases.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post Re: Operational Cue - Blind Target Pool Spreadsheet for Down
Hi all,

I downloaded Kocmodpom's file, because I was upgrading from my physical blind pool to an electronic one since I have an ability that in this case was an issue and it is that I have photographic memory, so even after a couple of years when I took an envelope from my pool I had idea of the target (I recognized the writing, type of ink, and so on). But with the original file I still wanted a more complete solution, so I took the liberty to write a few Macros and upgrade the file to the one I am sharing here:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/Kk88Lo3Izx/

Please use it, modify it, or do whatever you want with it. Just wanted to share it. Some key aspects:

1.- Excel 2007 or newer
2.- Macros must be enabled

Its use:

1.- You can add a CUE to a preliminary Pool, which can be edited at any time.
2.- You can Generate a random TRN that will be stored along the CUE as a TRM. Every TRN is random and non-repeated.
3.- Each new TRN withdraws a CUE from the Pool.
4.- You can check the cue with the TRN.

Hope it is of some use.

Cheers,
TRK

Sometimes I see RV as Steganography, where the Matrix codes the information it is giving us in a milliard wonderful ways, reminding us that we are just part of it, and rendering one and infinity as two properties of the same supreme existence.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:09 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

First, I would advise against downloading anything that requires macros-enabled from an unknown source.

Second, if you truly have a photographic memory as you suggest, then automatically removing a cue from the pool once you have run it would be silly. It wouldn't take long for you to easily "remember" what cues were left.

I never remove a cue from my pool unless it has come up a few times, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

My apologies kocmodpom, I can share the code so anyone can check it and add it later to a file. On the other subject that is why the general pool is in a separate sheet. I added the editing option for it in case anyone wanted to check it. In the end I just wanted to share something that is being useful, so I hope I did not offend anyone.

TRK

Sometimes I see RV as Steganography, where the Matrix codes the information it is giving us in a milliard wonderful ways, reminding us that we are just part of it, and rendering one and infinity as two properties of the same supreme existence.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:17 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

TRK it says invalid download link anyway when i try to download it

kocmodpom when I go to print it shows me a preview and the cue so unless I cover it with my hand while I press the print button...

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:35 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

I found the spreadsheet from kocmodpom very useful. I use it quite often to practice.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:59 am
Experienced User
Experienced User

Hi Rufus, I checked the link and it is operational. You can also try this one: http://www.wikiupload.com/0A3YN8W9JRC5WAX

If not send me a PM please.

TRK

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:07 pm
Experienced User
Experienced User

kocmodpom,

Thanks for your comments on the file, after that it was edited and now works like this:

A - When "Get New TRN" is pressed a random non repeated TRN is assigned to a random selected CUE from the pool and stored in a TRM Worksheet. The TRN is displayed alone.
B - When you want to check the CUE, you write the TRN and press CHECK.
C - You can insert new CUEs to the pool without checking the pool itself. After you insert a CUE the pool is random sorted.
D - You can set the recurrence of the CUE in the pool, so it can stay there, for example in the case of a Topical Search, 6 times (has to be at least 1).
E - You can know how many CUEs are available in your pool, and it turns red when it is depleted (only applies to individual CUES, not taking into account their recurrence).
F - The Pool Worksheet is hidden now.

Now, for the problems with the Macros, I can provide the excel file without macros and a txt file with the code for checking, and if trusted it only has to be inserted in a new vba module (Alt + F11). This has been useful to me so I want to share it.

I humbly ask for your comments since I created this file using yours as a starting point.

Best regards,
TRK

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:19 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Rufus wrote:
TRK it says invalid download link anyway when i try to download it

kocmodpom when I go to print it shows me a preview and the cue so unless I cover it with my hand while I press the print button...

You must be using something other than Office 2007 right?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Experienced User
Experienced User

Yes office starter 2010 that came with my laptop, you can't print without seeing a preview. No biggie I can cover the area with my hand or paper when printing.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:18 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Rufus, to solve the print preview problem for Excel 2010 do the following:

To add the "Quick Print" shortcut to the "Quick Access Toolbar"

From now on you can just click the icon to print without preview:

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 am
Profile WWW