It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Desire to Resume RV 
Experienced User
Experienced User

Post Desire to Resume RV
After over a decade break I am finding myself with a desire to RV again. Looking back, I am amazed at what I had accomplished. I can only imagine where I would be now if I had continued. I am wondering if anyone has a suggested course of action besides going through the dvds again. Have there been any major changes to RV structure or protocols? Also, I was wondering if anyone had advice on combatting AOL in the dvds. Even though it has been a long time since I watched them, I remember a few of the targets. How should I combat the strong AOL that comes about with those targets?

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:36 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Desire to Resume RV
partypants wrote:
After over a decade break I am finding myself with a desire to RV again. Looking back, I am amazed at what I had accomplished. I can only imagine where I would be now if I had continued. I am wondering if anyone has a suggested course of action besides going through the dvds again. Have there been any major changes to RV structure or protocols? Also, I was wondering if anyone had advice on combatting AOL in the dvds. Even though it has been a long time since I watched them, I remember a few of the targets. How should I combat the strong AOL that comes about with those targets?

Dude, there is a thread started by Tiger74 that replaces all of the DVD targets. You really have to start back at zero, and work at it; no matter how amazing you were before.

Good luck and post your results for review.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:14 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Desire to Resume RV
A good way to jumpstart nascent and/or former RV skills is to select training targets for which you can obtain in situ, vs. photo/internet/news etc., feedback. These types of RV exercises pack more of a learning curve punch than the usual training stuff.

For instance, you might target the lobby of a local/regional establishment that you have never physically visited. Target reference material employed or not, be careful re. the cuing!

Example: [nnnn/nnnn] Des Moines natural history museum rotunda/most recognizable feature

Run back-to-back TRV sessions, then take your Site Templates (and any Stage 6 advanced work) to the site and take a look around.

Of course, if your sessions did not adhere to rigorous TRV structure, then your efforts will have been tantamount to proverbial jack s*** (as you would undoubtedly infer upon visiting the Matrix-addressed target site), due to your failure to maintain the near-absolute mind discipline required of structured RV.

Pray tell, did you maintain the proper S1 through S4 (& S6 for advanced RVers) pace and cadence throughout your RV sessions? Did you effectively manage AOLs? If not, do you have a 'learning disability' or cognitive genetic disenfranchisement? Are you perchance simply lazy and/or lack attention to detail?

DID YOU DO YOUR JOB? ACHIEVE MISSION SUCCESS? DID YOU FUCKING MOVE FAST ENOUGH, PER LearnRV INSTRUCTIONS, TO OUTWIT/END RUN YOUR d*** LOWER-LEVEL THINKING MIND SO AS NOT TO f*** THE SESSION UP? I BET YOU DIDN'T -- EVEN IF YOU 'THOUGHT' THAT YOU DID. BE d*** GLAD THAT I WAS NOT THERE TO WITNESS YOUR UNDISCIPLINED, TIME-WASTING, JUNK CRAP LAISSEZ-FAIRE RV STRUCTURE, OR YOU WOULD HAVE BECOME THE BENEFICIARY OF AN ABUSE SHITSTORM THE LIKES OF WHICH WOULD BE DEEPLY AND FOREVER ETCHED UPON WHATEVER I WOULD HAVE DEIGNED TO LEAVE EXTANT OF YOUR SORRY-ASS FRAGILE PSYCHE.

So, dear RV student, peruse that museum or hotel lobby. Did you get it right? If so, great -- give yourself a pat on the back. If you bombed the session(s), then kick yourself in the ass, pick another target, and try again -- without your fucking egoic, thinking, pseudo-bioconstrained, culturally/historically conditioned brain in the way. And remember that your devoted teacher is always here to help you and gently nurture your inquiring LearnRV mind. (The timid amongst you might consider personal coaching from Dan Mann, whom by nature is a more tactful and 'less forthright' professional RV teacher than yours truly).

I hope that I'm coming in loud and clear to wayward and/or time-encrusted RV students.

For my hardened RV Troopers, the message remains the same: Carry on.

Major Doom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czt215Sjoa0

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:47 am
Profile WWW