It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:07 am

How to sense a void target 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post How to sense a void target
I'd like to relate an experience which might be helpful for others in accelerating their learning. It is not at all groundbreaking news, but an example of it has not yet been shown in epic detail.

Sometimes the important bit of information providing the answer we are looking for is the fact, that something is not there. Probing if a person is dead or alive is such a case. It is said that simply the absence of EIs would hint at a dead person, which of course is blatantly obvious upon feedback, but can you detect that while you are still blind even to the nature of the cue? In an operational situation this is absolutely necessary. Another case is a faulty cue, which we also should learn to detect, if not during the session, then from analysis before feedback is given.

So how do we prove the absence of something, i.e. by what do we sense a void? The answer is not void, it is non-sense.

Now, what is nonsense, and what is valid data, even if incomplete, inconclusive, or noisy? I think I had a glaring example of this yesterday, which prompted me to make it a showcase, because I might have found it useful to have seen one before.

Using random targets from this forum to intersperse variety, I drew 4218/1431 (click), a cue meant to target today's cover photo of the Ottawa Sun newspaper, but missing an important bit. (Sorry RVRobot for dragging this up from the gutters...) Here is the result:

Aspect [X] correctly describes a very flat, rectangular object resembling a canvas. Almost irritated about it being so simple and afraid for a moment I was missing dimensions, I am quite satisfied having resisted to embellish it. The shapes on it came up as additional archetypes in S3[X].

What about the rest, why three more aspects? I can't say for sure what happened that gave them in S3[Site], maybe I failed to recognize a subtle signal of suspicion, or just prefer to err on the side of caution and explore one more rather than one less. I don't believe I forced them. But whatsoever, they had to give away their vainness soon.

The scene that unfolded appeared like something akin to a weapon system test or demonstration. There is [A] a projectile, [B] some high up suspended contraption supposed to be hit and possibly record the impact, and [C] a big, expanding cloud of smoke. I'm taking a shortcut through analysis here by just naming things, because contradictions became more and more obvious anyway. That mount for [B] began to shout that it was impossible to build (sth. very tough on a solid wall very high above ground), and the cloud [C] was searing, burning, all consuming, but nobody seemed to be bothered by it in the slightest. But the fatal blow: Where is the actual launcher device? I believed I had EIs of the people operating it, but the thing itself stubbornly eluded any approach. In its place firmly remained [X]. A photo or painting in the middle of such a scenario? Ridiculous.

Does this remind you of something? Yes: Dreaming. Bits and pieces that may appear like parts of a story, but in impossible situations and connections. Not just like the information is incomplete, but outright contradictory and/or defiant of reality. Because this is the difference between remote viewing and dreaming, which the uninitiated tend to overlook: When you are on target, and provided you have a valid target to begin with, then things fall into place like pieces of a puzzle. You may not capture all the pieces, but the ones you get and survive error trapping will make sense. Whereas in a dream, fantasies are just running wild and don't bother to give you any sense of orientation. (I know there are dreams of a much different quality, but this is the ordinary kind.)

:arrow: So, here is your nonsense detector: If it looks like a dream, walks like a dream, quacks like a dream, it is probably not remote viewed but dreamed.

The whole shebang after [X] was completely AOL driven, of course. I just refused to break off the session because that would have meant admitting to the sin of thinking in session. Thus the growing feelings of it being wrong, unreal/surreal, even insult at being usurped as a riding horse for a greedy demon who took the helm, were kept suppressed and simmering just below the threshold. I am trying to tell myself that this is actually a success after a very long struggle.

As the whole exercise actually was an interlude and I wasn't much invested in the result, I skipped most error trapping and, just with an inkling of probably at least half of it being trash, proceeded to feedback, learning about the faulty cue. Bullseye on the photo, and the inkling, too! Wishing for more ambition, next time to analyze that properly before feedback.

Further notes for completeness, and another point I want to take home:

Of course I got curious what the result was with the correct cue, and after a break did a session on [4218/1431] / site reference. Here is the result:

The half-round one (which is dense and compact) is somehow related to the square one, supposed to move through it or past it, T-good being I-delivered with I-routine, AIs-curious and amused; the small circle in the back T-person occupied with I-observation, EIs-observant, waiting, patient and bored; the big circle T-person who is EI-worried and has Is-floating, hovering and uplift, my AIs towards him - doh! and slightly condescending.

Again I skipped error trapping, but a quick memory interrogation revealed that I failed to heed my initial instinct to draw the big circle on the left side of the square frame, the movement of the half-round thing is not bidirectional, and that observer is very suspicious (it appeared as additional archetype with the frame).

Then I asked the friendly Robot if he happened to be equipped with feedback, because from the Ottawa Sun's website I could not tell which one would be the cover photo of its paper edition. He at once got up from the sofa (thanks again, Mr. Tinman) and sent me this:

Saturday's ice hockey match, the Ottawa Senators taking a humiliating 5-0 defeat against the Toronto Maple Leafs, the photo of the goalie at the moment of letting the puck through.

Me not the sports buff, I didn't quite make it to identify that it's about a sports event, but again I did not bother with much analysis or follow-up work. But the parts are there, only so slightly out of proportion. Went off to slumberland on an upbeat.

I am drawing the conclusion, relating to the other day's hint that S5 can be applied to any item, not just AOL, that systematic memory interrogation shall have a much more important role than I gave it before. It should be especially useful in those cases, when phantoms have a party filling the void of something which is not there, but that void is the information we want. I could have been much more spot-on even with the data already gathered. And things aren't always as cut and dried as above. This was of course not my first session with a non-target, but it was the clearest case so far.

Ooph, what a long post. Sorry. Out.

>>

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:28 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: How to sense a void target
Fantastic post kfa. Using the dream-like analysis to weed out a junk cue makes a lot of sense.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

I re-uploaded the pictures for the referenced post. I was able to find them in my RV archive.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

But suppose that the answer to the question is the absence of a thing?

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:58 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Absence of a thing or absence of everything?

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:02 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Absence of a thing.

Maybe you've heard this sequence:

For want of a nail a shoe was lost, for want of a shoe, a horse was lost, for want of a horse, a battle was lost...

So if we were trying to RV the ultimate cause of the loast battle, and that cause really was the absence of a nail in the shoe of a horse, you would be trying to RV the absence of a thing.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:13 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Haven't heard that before, but reminds me of Richard III's, "A horse, a horse my kingdom for a horse!"

But to the point, wouldn't that depend on how you asked the question, and/or set up the cue?

If you ask for what was missing; the absence of a thing, which caused X result, you would still get solid answer(if one was available).

This being inherently different than say, asking the matrix a question for which there is no answer(due to it being a flawed inquiry), resulting is dream-like, nonsense site template data.

Tangentially, this got me thinking about something I read awhile ago, about the actual "Void" that science describes in space. A litteral empty expanse which has no matter and no dark matter (source). Something which I have a difficulty even conceiving.

Imagine that's the answer to your cue. When exploring strange phenomena, whats the bright-line one can use to differentiate between nonsensical data and the mind-boggling nature of reality? Because I imagine if you remote viewed the actual void that science describes, you would get some pretty "dream-like" data in return.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:24 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

quote wrote:
Absence of a thing.

or perhaps the absence of any and all:

"Level of Consciousness 850"

A.k.a. "the void"

Been there once, some say I never came back, some say I was never here. It took me 9 years to figure out what happened.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:50 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Well, my point was to show a way for recognizing, for identifying a nonsense response as just that, as opposed to data about a fact or existing thing.

To what extent this recognition itself is valuable information, of course depends on context. The person's name / now type of cue is in fact a binary question looking to identify one out of two possible states, i.e. alive or dead, both having equal informational value. Here, recognition of a nonsensical response means positive identification of the answer 'dead'. In the case of the junk cue you may like to be able to tell that it was junk and you've been sent on a wild goose chase, before feedback is given and they'll say either "oops" or "nyah, nyah". Or, much better, when you're experimenting with cues and want to learn what works and what not, because at that frontier you don't have feedback and need to rely on your abilities. That is real action versus just playing.

Maybe my headline was ambiguous. As a software programmer, I had in mind the usage of the word 'void' in C or C++ programming language as a symbol for the data type of a function-subroutine with no return value (as opposed to some return value, e.g. number, string, compound, pointer etc.) The void, or vacuum, as a thing itself is a different beast. It seems plausible that we might get a similar, nonsensical response upon directly targeting something for which we have no sensory descriptors, no capacity for comprehension, not even in metaphors. But I haven't tried that, someone with many more years under the belt may be able to expound.

>>

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

kfa wrote:
Maybe my headline was ambiguous. As a software programmer, I had in mind the usage of the word 'void' in C or C++ programming language as a symbol for the data type of a function-subroutine with no return value (as opposed to some return value, e.g. number, string, compound, pointer etc.) The void, or vacuum, as a thing itself is a different beast. It seems plausible that we might get a similar, nonsensical response upon directly targeting something for which we have no sensory descriptors, no capacity for comprehension, not even in metaphors. But I haven't tried that, someone with many more years under the belt may be able to expound.

Perhaps you more clearly intended as a title, "How to recognize a nonsensical target/cue"?

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:58 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

kocmodpom wrote:
Perhaps you more clearly intended as a title, "How to recognize a nonsensical target/cue"?

Only superficially, or only applied to the case of a bad cue, as outlined above. Rather a "non-target", because nonsense is its marker, its symptom, not the target itself. Actually I thought it was clear by using 'void' as adjective, i.e. a target which is void vs. a target which is a void.

>>

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:17 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

I would disagree with you on this point:

The cue Person's Name/now does not produce nonsense data if the person named in the cue is dead. The data describes a dead person and tells us if their remains are still coherent. It is not a null set or void and definitely not nonsense. If they are alive, the data tells us much more than just whether or not they are alive. It gives us information on their physical condition and mental state.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:16 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

I would also posit that the original premise is flawed. The original cue is not a bad cue, it is a cue that asks you to describe a newspaper photogragh -- a flat, square, papery thing smelling of inky chemical. What you describe above is not a result of viewing a non-existant thing, it is a rusult of not accepting the simplicity of the target and then allowing imagination and AOL to provide bogus additional details.

None of this, however, discredits your theory that an RV session that reads like a dream account may be the result of a nonsensical cue.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:30 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Chartless wrote:
The cue Person's Name/now does not produce nonsense data if the person named in the cue is dead.

I see. I thought I remembered having read otherwise, but now I don't know where. I could have been wrong indeed.

I have none of those in my own target pool, clearly an oversight I should fix. Has anyone tried Osama bin Laden lately? Must be turned into crab meat by now.

>>

Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:43 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Chartless wrote:
I would also posit that the original premise is flawed. The original cue is not a bad cue, it is a cue that asks you to describe a newspaper photogragh --

Umm, yes. Reminds me to always check once more for precision of expression. Of course the cue isn't bad in that sense, it is just not fulfilling the duty it was intended to. You're quite right. I may go about editing above once we're satisfied to have spotted all these flaws.

>>

Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:49 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Here's where it gets ooky:

What if, in order to test your theory, we deliberately created a cue that targets a thing that does not exist?

It may not be as easy as it sounds. All too easy to do accidentally, but is it even possible to do it on purpose?

Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:06 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Quote:
Has anyone tried Osama bin Laden lately?

kfa, I did Sadam a week ago ( blind work) - interesting data output. Stay tuned, I'll post the data soon; targeting a dead person not always produces the remains of the lucky one...

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

I now found again where I picked that up about dead bodies. It was in connection with a mention of Steve Fosset. I remembered incorrectly, no specifics about what to expect from a session were discussed, just that it would not work (whatever that means) if the body is disintegrated and spread around.

Chartless wrote:
What if, in order to test your theory, we deliberately created a cue that targets a thing that does not exist?

Within the same posting of yours linked above, you did make a suggestion. Was an exercise in that vein ever performed?

I just thought of a kōan. They are designed to get a certain response from a Zen student, but taken literally would be quite useless.

Stefan wrote:
kfa, I did Sadam a week ago ( blind work) - interesting data output. Stay tuned, I'll post the data soon;

Great! Looking forward to seeing that.

All very interesting stuff, and thanks guys for the reality check. Due to my errors in connecting what I wanted to show with the situations where it would occur, we're moving away quite a bit from the main subject. I suggest we make a new thread for the dead people, and leave this one for nonsensical session results and input that yields them. I'll revise the original post until it becomes something that is actually useful and not misleading (starting tomorrow, one of those beers I had must have been bad). Ok?

>>

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:21 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Chartless wrote:
Here's where it gets ooky:

It may not be as easy as it sounds. All too easy to do accidentally, but is it even possible to do it on purpose?

If something does not exist, how do you name it and cue for it? As for doing it accidentally, is it even possible to do that? All this exists/does not exist reminds me of Schroedinger's cat.

Public Service Announcement: Every woman has an inner "Helga Petaki".I keep mine secured. This does not mean that you should rattle her cage any time you feel like it. Thank you. We now return you to your previous program.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:49 am
Advanced User
Advanced User

If someone has a lot of different aliases, does it make any difference which one is used for remote viewing cues?

Public Service Announcement: Every woman has an inner "Helga Petaki".I keep mine secured. This does not mean that you should rattle her cage any time you feel like it. Thank you. We now return you to your previous program.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:54 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Donald Duck's next meal

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:23 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Katherine wrote:
All this exists/does not exist reminds me of Schroedinger's cat.

Exactly. Although in this case it may be "Ed's goat" instead of "Schroedinger's cat."

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:26 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Ed Dames wrote:
Donald Duck's next meal

I'm putting that in my pool to see if it swims.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:29 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Another marble lost & found: A nonsense cue will trigger an open search. (Were there strings attached? Had forgotten all about that, too.) Credits go to rvtd for the reminder.

>>

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:16 pm
Advanced User
Advanced User

Chartless, are you trying to say that you are Ed's goat? I mean, I like that one'eyed goat avatar you got goin on there.
On a serious note, I still have the question for you RV experts. If someone wants to do a search for someone, does the alias (or stage name or whatever you want to call it) make a difference in the results, do you know?

Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:12 am