It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Disintegration of RV Skill 
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Disintegration of RV Skill
My S2[Site] and S2[X] are looking like arse. More and more I get the same repeated words regardless of session. I always get rough and grainy as my first two textures, red, yellow for colors, warm for temp, splashing & gurgling for sounds, and the usual suspects of long, flat, above, and across for dimensions. If I get down, I get under. Even and balanced always seem to pop up in dimensions as AOL.

So often I am left to determining targets from [A] and [B] ([C] is I am ever that lucky) My S2[site] always seems to start with a circle and a couple straight lines. Rubbish!

I have done about 5 sessions in the last 2 weeks, only one of which has been HARV, so I know that isn't the reason.

In the past when this has happened I just stopped RVing for 6 months and it went away until I was RVing for a few months and it comes back. I would like to work through it this time instead of quit viewing again.

What is the best way to get past this mombishness? How long will this last? I have been interspersing other peoples targets with my own blind pool so there is variety. Help!

Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Re: Disintegration of RV Skill
I also hope someone sheds some light on this. I, in most my sessions, end up putting 'smooth' as my first texture and 'coarse' usually follows. I don't seem to have this problem in any other aspect in S2, but it really is annoying. I typically ignore all S2 data anyways, but I'm afraid if I don't correct this soon, I will have this problem embedded in my so-called natural flow. :P

edit: I also have a few 'opposite' descriptors that precede or follow the other.

Last edited by AnShengDa on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:20 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Personally, I think it is a lack of focus. Sometimes in S2 after ideogram my mind is focused on the idea of getting textures words, and at that point a couple of habitual words like "hard" and "metallic" fall out. After one or two words, I am usually focused, and real percepts come. Your mind can think of words faster than percepts bubble up from unconscious, so you just have to push them aside and wait for real data to bubble up. However, you are still hitting targets, so I would not worry about it.

However, sometimes your "habitual words" will pertain to the target, in that case, they will come back a second time while your in that category, if they come up 2 times its good data, 3 times, then it is likely time to move on.(At least for me)

Last edited by MultiLnV on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:23 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Thank you Multi. I'll try to be aware of the ones that pop up more than once. I instantly recall a few of those moments. 'Habitual' perfect word to describe it. Thx.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:26 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Egad!

You have developed... a habit! And a bad habit, at that. Deal with it the way you would deal with any other bed habit.

I went through a period where every S4 started with the word soft in the S column. I finally beat it by ripping up the page and starting S4 over every time it happened. It's only a habit. Break it.

Edit: I forgot to mention: the targets were not soft.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:39 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Quote:
I went through a period where every S4 started with the word soft in the S column. I finally beat it by ripping up the page and starting S4 over every time it happened. It's only a habit. Break it.

Can you actually rip up and start over in S4 without redoing the aspect? Cool! I did not know that.

Also, in S2 I believe you can ignore things that you know are habitual because they are not AOL which comes as a result of real data. So do not spend time AOLing a bunch of texture and color words, etc like I use to do! Just refocus and continue.

Last edited by MultiLnV on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:49 am
As to tearing up an s4 without redoing the aspect, if its just a practice target i suppose it would not matter. However, to me the idea of it allows your mind the ok to misbehave cause it knows you will just start the s4 over.

If you wanna really crack the whip, shred the whole thing and start completely over when you have full concentration. If you have to keep shredding the whole session, i think your unconcious mind will get the point. The idea of having to re-do the whole thing can be a strong incentive to stay focused.

Find out what works for you, everyone is different.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:03 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Multi -

No wonder you are bombing your sessions! Skipping S2 data? Backtracking in S4!?

What a mess...

Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:06 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

MultiLnV wrote:
Personally, I think it is a lack of focus.

I am ADD (sic). Nothing to fix that but good old fashioned ritalin but you can't take ritalin and keep an aviation medical certificate, so that is off the table. Sounds like certain doom.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:21 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

I had a similar problem as well.

I was perceiving out of habit and not from focus.

The best way to get rid of the habit is to AOL the percept which you do not trust (remember all percepts go somewhere, IGNORE nothing!) and then tell your mind to knock it off. If it persists, slap the right frontal lobe portion of your brain and gently whisper "egad, goat feed, die, eat a can, thrash, many" (Ok im joking about this part)

The thing is, you can train Your mind to GIVE YOU ONLY percepts that are accurate (and the less accurate ones you can immediately identify because they are less dense) and after a while, you'll have less AOLs, your mind better focussed and your data richer :)

BTW, I had to watch Ed do his holy grail session multiple times before I finally 'got it'. (On the old psi-tech tapes that is)

regards

rvbl

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:47 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I seem to be having the same problem as well.
I used to ignore every habitual descriptor (non-high level idea), but from now on I should AOL it?

Is it OK to redo an S4 when it starts like bullpoo?

Yesterday I had to abort during my S3, because I could feel my mind generating the image.
I did another target about 10 minutes later, and about 50% of the ST, and over 70% of the S4 data was correct :)

Anyway, it seems my bad habits keep changing constantly. With me adjusting the pace seems to have helped; that is.. it changes the habits :P.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:00 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Quote:
Multi -

No wonder you are bombing your sessions! Skipping S2 data? Backtracking in S4!?

What a mess...

Backtracking in S4! Who said that? I was asking a question to Chartless:

Quote:
Can you actually rip up and start over in S4 without redoing the aspect?...

Technically, I do not skip S2 data! I just ignore write s2 words, which come from my "thinking" mind, e.g. those habitual words stemming from a lack of focus. So, I refocus and continue. If the habitual words pertain to the target, then they will come back when I am focused. I AOL a lot of stuff, still. For me, If I spend time AOL descriptor words, then it only results in giving those particular words more attention.

However, if I should not ignore, then I guess I will not.

Finally, I have not bombed a session in awhile, although, admittedly, I am overdue, but, in any event, I am sorry to disappoint you sir.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:35 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I suffered the same from time to time in my past career. I stayed in structure, completed the session and with feedback I knew when it was habitual or not. You know this only after the fact, not in-session. The feelings of a habit is thinking and will mess your session.

My solution was to focus about what I identified as mistakes in the past before a new session, cleared my mind and started. Will fix itself when you are consciously aware of it.

"The universe [...] is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word." Galileo Galilei

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:59 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

MultiLnV wrote:
Can you actually rip up and start over in S4 without redoing the aspect?

It may not be a good way to get reliable data, but it is a great way to break a habit. It was my way of doing as rvbasiclearner suggested:

rvbasiclearner wrote:
...If it persists, slap the right frontal lobe portion of your brain...

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:23 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

I see. It makes sense Chartless.

Quote:
The thing is, you can train Your mind to GIVE YOU ONLY percepts that are accurate (and the less accurate ones you can immediately identify because they are less dense)

Yes, I agree.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:27 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Raptor wrote:
Will fix itself when you are consciously aware of it?

Any response to this?

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:35 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

[Wrong thread]

"The universe [...] is written in mathematical language, and the letters are triangles, circles and other geometrical figures, without which means it is humanly impossible to comprehend a single word." Galileo Galilei

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:46 pm
With practice, lots of it, RV is self-correcting as long as you continue to try stay on protocol and structure.

We are drawn to what we focus on. Try not to focus too much on your mistakes. Acknowledge your mistakes but don't dwell on them but instead, think about the proper way to do it. Better to visualize yourself doing it correctly. This method is also used by Olympic athletes.

If you Acknowledge your success more than your failures, you will progress to success much faster.

Positive feedback and sleep are some of the most effective factors in improving RV skills. So... if you want faster improvement results, make sure you nap or sleep before your next target. The mind will make the corrections during your sleep.

During session, you don't want to be consciously aware of anything except what you perceive from the target.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:52 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

Excellent post Jaybird, have to fully agree there!

Sometimes viewers are too hard on themselves, focusing on the wrong things. Just be easy about it, it'll correct itself :)

regards
rvbl

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:42 am
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Nice :)

Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:59 am