It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:10 am

Translation word list / Freehand sketch. 
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Translation word list / Freehand sketch.
Hi, I'm just over the first RV session of the DVD and have the following questions/remarks.

Since I'm not an american, i translated the descriptor word list to my own language.
(should I do the same with the forms?)
Should I also place this words in alphabetical order in my language?

It is so weird of sketching something or forms at Stage 3. Are there predefined forms which one should use?

I looked at my first rv-session sketch and was amazed; then I looked at the descriptions of stage 2 and thought that the image shown must have had more aspects, which one can only verifie if one was there phyisically at a certain moment. Not wanting to spoil anything for others I would like to have more info about the picture of the DVD. I even had the X mark correct and further details. Is it possible to comment on the sketch if sent by email?

4. Is it possible to train stage 1 en 2 on my own, without help of others; or is there a database with photo's to train from?d

Now before I go any further these questions are important for the success of the next lesson.
:roll:

Greetings,

Qubic

Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:10 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

1. It is critical that you employ your native tongue when working a RV session (see other posts on this subject)

4. ??

Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:23 am
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Post Moved around
Thanx Ed,

Now i'm moving around through the forum and see a lot more (without RV ;-)

But should the descriptor words be placed alphabetical in het list in my language?

Qubic

Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:58 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Place them in any order that allows for most rapid retrieval! Soon, you are going to be required to throw any such list away, for reasons that will become apparent.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Hi i`m not an american as well, and I just bought the DVD set, and have run trough the first DVD. I`m wondering about the language as well.

1) I am quite fluid in english, but do I have to translate the templates still if i understand every word written on it ?

2) Is the list of descriptors supposed to be lying beside your other templates while filling them out ? (If so, are you supposed to read it, and picking words out from it ?) Didn`t feel the DVD fully explained this. Or is the list just a help in expanding your vocabulary ?

3) As for S3, "From the top of [ ] something should be perceivable", im not familiar with that way of saying something: "from the top of". Does this simply mean "From [X] something should be perceivable" ?

4) I`m also wondering about something I feel has happend in theese first 4 sessions. When i write black for instance, I automathiclly think of white, write hard and thinking of soft, and im not sure if that is an AOL or correct.

Best regards

Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:01 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

1) I am quite fluid in english, but do I have to translate the templates still if i understand every word written on it?
No, you don't have to translate the templates. You are only to use those templates for the first few days of practice -- until you get the hang of it. Then, you'll be using blank sheets of paper.

However, you must write the descriptors in your native language.

Quote:
2) Is the list of descriptors supposed to be lying beside your other templates while filling them out
Just in the very beginning. After a few days, you'll have those descriptors memorized. At that point, do not use the descriptor list.

Quote:
3) As for S3, "From the top of [ ] something should be perceivable", im not familiar with that way of saying something: "from the top of". Does this simply mean "From [X] something should be perceivable"?
No.

"Top," is the word used to point your attention directly to the target -- as if you were right on top of the target. When your unconscious is directed to the top of the target, it can then choose what aspect of the target it finds most interesting. For example, if the target is the famous, "Big Ben," clock, unconscious may choose to focus on the giant clock face.

"Top," is both a literal, and a metaphor. In some cases, it may literally mean the on top of target. In other cases, it means the target's own best vantage point - where no part of the target is hidden.

Think of a mountain. From the front of a mountain, the back side is hidden. From the left side of the mountain, the right side is hidden. But, from the top of the mountain, all sides are revealed.

Quote:
4) I`m also wondering about something I feel has happend in theese first 4 sessions. When i write black for instance, I automathiclly think of white, write hard and thinking of soft, and im not sure if that is an AOL or correct.
Work faster, don't think, just write.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:00 pm
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:31 pm