It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:44 am

Which source for naming teams? 
Extreme User
Extreme User

Post Which source for naming teams?
I have bought and completed the DVD. We are told to view the sports league page for the team name. This is not much help though. Because teams are not always referred to consistently, it appears to depend whether we take the name from the schedule or the results.

On the MLB league page teams, just for example, take the team someone out there loves, the 'Washington Nationals'. That is how they are referred to on the 'Team-by-Team schedule' page. On the MLB score board they are referred to as 'WSH' or 'Nationals' depending whether you are on the MLB general scoreboard page or the one devoted to the club.

Just how specific does the team name need to be in the cue? If it has to be specific what would I use for the team name in my example? 'Washington Nationals' ? 'WSH'? 'Nationals'?
Does it matter? Does the matrix pick up on my intention? Confused and a bit down on cash. Thanks.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:57 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

Post Re: Which source for naming teams?
Are you serious that you can't figure out which one to use? Use your brain, if that doesn't work, experiment without placing money on the game.

This one is so simple I need to see a good faith effort on your part in the form of session work.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:31 am
Profile WWW
RV Professional
RV Professional

My goodness, Kocmodpom, you're such a sensitive, caring individual!

I always use the full name of the team as presented on the team's website. Washington Nationals. Pittsburgh Pirates. Arizona Diamondbacks.

Lessons from the Petting Zoo:
Lesson 27. Puppies that spend all day yapping never really learn to hunt.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:59 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

I just rolled with the Kocmodpom slap upside my head. :lol:

Thanks Chartless!!

The key phrase being 'Team website' rather than the Sport League site as is pointed out on the DVD. The matrix requirement for specificity led me to ask that question. After viewing the instructions I thought if the matrix requires specifically the name from a particular on-line source…so then which name type since there were several?

I have been playing about with HARV before receiving the disk. Tried countless cue constructions. My brain always 'told me' to specify the team name in all of its completeness before though. Thats what I get for doing too many HARV sessions, and not keeping up with regular enough complete RVs to site completion. Worms eating brain.

Kocmodpom, I will take you up on your offer and send a sample of session work, in a bit.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:01 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Hi guys/girls,

I know this is an old post and the subject is not well reviewed. Also, I am not a betting person, even though I do spend some time in Las Vegas.

Never-the-less, here is my question:

When going to the "team website", for example the “Ottawa Senators.”

If you go to the “Ottawa Senators” web site, then click on “contact us,” you get the following official name:

“Ottawa Senators Hockey Club”

So, maybe a dumb question, but, which is more accurate or precise? (and not using HARV)

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:11 pm
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

It's been my experience that for a cue for Sports Betting that the formal is correct. In that, Ottawa Senators, Atlanta Braves, Minnesota Wild is the definitive for a team's name. Like the Major says, "K.I.S.S."

The term "club", I believe, might relate more to an ownership, stock insight or location change within the league, if that's your taste.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:12 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Use Ottawa Senators hockey team. Capitalize only the proper noun.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:55 am
Profile WWW
Advanced User
Advanced User

I use the spelling as I see on the website or other institution where I am placing the bet and it will be on your ticket or receipt after you place the bet so you can double check or do better next time if you got it wrong this time.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:08 am