It is currently Tue May 11, 2021 7:01 am

DVD 3, RV #2 
Extreme User
Extreme User

Post DVD 3, RV #2
Dear David,

I spent an hour-and-a-half on this RV, but I was so into it, I didn't realize so much time had passed. It contains X and A-D as you suggested. I stayed in structure to the best of my ability.

Best regards,
--psidoc

Last edited by psidoc on Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:05 pm
RV Professional
RV Professional

I say this with the greatest admiration for your enthusiasm, and also because I know that you will not give up (you have the gifts of tenacity and perseverence): your whole session is trash.

Page 1 has a dead giveaway that your session is doomed. Page 2 gets worse.... and Page 3 cinches it -- no need to read/review past page 3.

Would you please see if you can figure out what's wrong -- there are enough clues posted in my previous critiques to enable you to recognize the problem(s).

Thank you! And, don't give up! :)

p.s. you are in good company though ... another, "old school RVer," on this forum did this bird beak target. Their session also resulted in big-time trash.

Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:06 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

But I really do admire your perseverance in doing all the aspects (even when they look so similar), and I mean no sarcasm. I know it must've taken a long time for you to do the session and scan and upload and finally post them here. Too bad AOLs buried you... :wink:

Your guess did show some sort of plant / lifeform... and Major Dames' DVD class also came up with some sort of plant. I think I had a pretty bad session too (and mine showed no lifeform).

Anyway, keep the sessions coming! :)

ps: btw, can someone tell me what the "tic-marks" are for? I see them scattered throughout the sessions (current & previous) and I have no clue.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:07 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

Funny, I had a hunch it wasn't "right". Not enough AOLs at the start...so the whole thing was probably AOL driven.

I say "funny" (as in peculiar), because one learns to either laugh at inconsequential mistakes, or go nuts over the embarrassment. At least I had the courage/stupidity? to submit it anyway.

Had this been a real RV for payment, I would have redone it based upon my hunch alone...but I would still submit this one to the boss until I get to where I recognize trash when I see it..

I just had some good rest, so I'll get right on it. Thanks.

--psidoc

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:10 am
Extreme User
Extreme User

I'm not 100% sure when to use a tic mark yet. All I know is David said "don't write on analytical S3s" and when you see something like "wide", put tic marks to represent "wide".

I don't know if one is to tic mark every item in the S2s, some of the dimensions, or all of the dimensions. Perhaps someone who knows more about tic marks would care to comment.

Best regards,
psidoc

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:21 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

can someone tell me what the "tic-marks" are for?
When rendering S3 analytical sketch based on S2 dimensions, you are not allowed to use words. So, you render the dimensions, "vast," or, "wide," with a couple tic marks, just to show your intention that, "wide," or, "vast," is there.

Quote:
I don't know if one is to tic mark every item in the S2s, some of the dimensions, or all of the dimensions. Perhaps someone who knows more about tic marks would care to comment.
Again, if an S2 dimension is, "circular," you'll render a circle-shaped sketch. If an S2 dimension is, "tubular," you'll be sketching a tube shape. BUT....what if your dimension is, "wide?" How do you sketch a, "wide?" You can't WRITE the word, "wide." So what do you do??? You draw a couple tic marks!

Page 1
No AOLs. This is a big red flag. Although it's possible not to have any AOLs on the first page, it's not probable.

Page 2
Freehand sketch should be executed QUICKLY. Freehand sketches consist of basic archetypes. For example, a squiggle, a right angle, a circle, a curve. Freehand sketches get executed in a matter of seconds. (Remember, the freehand sketch is NOT an analytical sketch based on S2 dimensions...)

Page 3
No AOLs.

Last edited by David Roseta on Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:28 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

You're are far behind where you should be in your training, by now . Here is the problem:

Every datum that you objectify, either as a line drawing or word -- you pause to think about. Don't pretend that you aren't -- stop fooling yourself. You are displaying a confidence factor (to me) which should not be present. For me, each session moment is what I term a 'divine uncertainty' (not sure if that resonates with you...)

You MUST proceed through a RV session as one would play a piano piece, i.e., do not -- even for a moment -- pause to think about the note that you just played. Always be ready to play that next note/chord.

Simply stated, you are investing your ego in the session, at every turn. As long as you continue to do this, you will crash and burn. I had to learn the hard way (change hurts, therefore sucks). People like David, who've spent a lot of time in ashrams (really), learned to deposit their ego in the 'deposit ego here' trash bin, outside the ashram door. You've got to honor what we term the 'unconscious' part of mind if you desire to plug into it. I can see you in 5-D, and you are not doing that.

You are too attached to your body, and the 'here and now.' You need more 'slack.'

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

You know, I had prepared an analysis of the failed session, but after reading your critique it seems unimportant now. Your observation resonates on a truly deep level with me; therefore, I know there is truth in what you say.

As I reflect upon past sessions over the years, I used to never want to be wrong. Age and RV experience have taken care of some of that...one's ego tends to get put in check to some degree when failure is obvious and feedback is immediate.

Still, ego is like a burgeoning super-weed that gets cut at the ground only to burst forth thicker and stronger (hokey but true). The question is, how does one pull the root? For me, I think the answer is in this forum, as well as in the heart.

I've spent my own time and 25 years here in the U.S. & in China with Qigong masters and sages--among other things, trying to get rid of my ego. The best I've accomplished thus far is to learn to move it out of the way sometimes.

RVing is what helped me select the profession I am now in. I realize its worth. So my desire is to keep on trying until I get it right.

Thanks for being on target, Ed, And thanks for the opportunity to spend time with you and other professionals.

--Eugene

Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:34 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

See my article in the November Black Belt Magazine; when I do my very best feel-good, physical, ego-feeding power stuff (these days: mountain running & free diving -- martial arts in the 'old days' -- or even writing this), I personally recognize and enjoy my ego, i.e., the "I'm going to beat you, motherfucker" sort of 'mentality' -- "this is my specialty." The important thing is, to me, that I have learned how to absolutely recognize when my ego has taken the reins and/or when I have allowed that (very ubiquitous human) condition to be -- I have become consciously aware of when my 'egoic mind' is operative. AWARENESS, in this regard, DOES NOT IMPLY CONTROL. I have a long way to go before I have 'control' -- perhaps I never will, nor truely have the desire to do so (i.e., maybe I like my addictions too much to change). But, at least, I have a better idea of what s*** (AOL) is.

("You've got to learn to live with what you can't rise above" - lyrics, Bruce Springsteen - 'Tunnel of Love')

The RV skill (not talent) is all about 'structured/disiplined consciousness' If you do not know when you are 'in the (unconscious) groove' -- if you cannot recognize when your ego is interjecting -- you are fucked. Know thyself (at deeper levels). What more can I say?

Last edited by Ed Dames on Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Extreme User
Extreme User

Which tells me that it is dificult to stay in structure if one thinks one knows part of the answer before-hand (I remembered the seed problem).

Just a thought ... since I've already RVd the sessions on the DVDs (I just didn't upload them back in December 2004), maybe I should submit more blind targest like I did last week with [6603 / 5421]? What do you think?

I've been RVing for a long time without supervision. I am glad to finally get a chance to see, and thereby [hopefully] correct, problems like this!

Best regards,
--Eugene

Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:47 am
RV Professional
RV Professional

Which tells me that it is dificult to stay in structure if one thinks one knows part of the answer before-hand
No. Not if you really read and understand what Major Dames just wrote: "You MUST proceed through a RV session as one would play a piano piece, i.e., do not -- even for a moment -- pause to think about the note that you just played. Always be ready to play that next note/chord."
Quote:
maybe I should submit more blind targest
No. Anybody can do blind targets. It sounds, to me, like you need to practice a mixture. That means MANY front-loaded targets.

For me, the hardest part of remote viewing is finding something challenging to do! I have a big stack of blind targets (in envelopes in my drawer) waiting to be RV'd. Boring boring boring (half the time, I already know what the target/answer is before I even open the envelope). But, give me a FRONT-LOADED target...woo-hoo! I, personally, get a THRILL from doing front-loaded targets -- the challenge of making the mind+imagination behave, and the enjoyment of getting REAL data. REAL data has a certain, "feel," to it, and through practice, you KNOW what's good data, and what isn't. Now that's fun!

Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:59 pm
Extreme User
Extreme User

I'm really glad you responded to my question. I think you're absolutely right because (keeping in mind that I am a minister and a man of peace, and therefore mean no disrespect) I just got through RVing my first target of the day, and I learned (tongue-in-cheek) that "Jesus of Nazareth/death" was in an airplane that got blown out of the sky.

Frankly, I had that "feeling" my session was wrecked, but I made myself finish.

PHEW! I think I need a break. I'm still angry with my inability to control my AOLs from yesterday, so it's hard to concentrate. There's that ego thing Ed was talking about.

So now you see why your encouraging words were very timely!

--psidoc

Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:38 pm
Ultimate User
Ultimate User

Post Stick . . .
Greetings Psidoc !

Just wanted to say . . .Stick with it !
We all go through tricky times
and have to get the whip out in order to
tame it. Or try to ! :D

Regards

Omega